Subhead
One man wounded in serious condition
Body

RED OAK – Red Oak police responded to a shooting Monday evening at the Wal-Mart parking lot in the 100 block of Ryan Drive where they found a victim who had been shot.

Witnesses said a white male, identified as Max Pryor, started a verbal altercation with another white male who was exiting the main doors with his family.

They said Pryor had possibly stolen merchandise from the store and argued with store employees before exiting.

Detectives said Pryor, 34, was known for similar thefts.

As the family attempted to leave the parking lot to the south, Pryor, who started the confrontation, got into his car and chased the man at a high rate of speed, according to the police report.

Upon catching up to the family, he exited his car, confronted the driver yelling profanities and threatening to “fight and kill him.”

He reportedly opened the man’s door and the family man produced a handgun, firing several shots into the threatening man, striking him several times into the pelvic region and hand, then fled the scene.

Pryor was given first aid at the scene from officers then transported to Methodist Central in stable, but serious condition.

The man who fired the rounds returned to the scene and was currently cooperating with police.

Police were not releasing his name because it is an ongoing investigation.