LEGAL NOTICE: ESTATE OF BENNY ALTON BASS, DECEASED IN THE PROBATE COURT COUNTY COURT AT LAW NO 1 ELLIS COUNTY, TEXAS ORDER ADMITTING WILL TO PROBATE AND GRANTING LETTERS TESTAMENTARY PURSUANT TO TEXAS ESTATES CODE 401.001
Publish one time in The Ellis County Press on Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022.
ESTATE OF BENNY ALTON BASS, DECEASED
IN THE PROBATE COURT
COUNTY COURT AT LAW NO 1 ELLIS COUNTY, TEXAS
ORDER ADMITTING WILL TO PROBATE AND GRANTING
LETTERS TESTAMENTARY PURSUANT TO TEXAS ESTATES CODE 401.001
On this day the Court heard the Application for Probate of Will and for Letters Testamentary filed by ANGELINA R, BASS, Applicant, to probate that certain instrument dated August 18, 2016, which purports to be the Will of Benny Alton Bass.
The Court, having heard the evidence and examined the Will and other documents filed in this cause, finds as follows:
1. Benny Alton Bass, Decedent, died on April 10, 2022, at the age of 63.
2. Four years have not elapsed since the date of Decedent’s death and before the filing of the above-described application.
3. The Court has jurisdiction and venue over Decedent’s estate.
4. Decedent resided in Midlothian, Ellis County, Texas 76065.
5. Decedent was never divorced or was not divorced after the Will was executed.
6. No children were born or adopted by Decedent after execution of the Will.
7. Notice has been given and every required citation has been served and returned in the manner and for the period of time required by law.
8. At the time of the execution of the Will, Decedent was at least 18 years of age, was of sound mind, and executed the Will with the formalities and solemnities and under the circumstances required by law to make a valid self-proved Will.
9. Decedent did not revoke the Will.
10. No contest or objection to probate of the Will has been made.
11. ANGELINA R. BASS was named in the Will as Independent Executor of Decedent’s estate, to serve without bond, and is not disqualified by law from serving in that capacity and from receiving letters testamentary and is willing to serve according to law.
12. A necessity for an administration of this estate exists
13. No interested person has applied to the Court for the appointment of an appraiser and the Court does not consider an appraisement to be necessary.
14. Decedent did not receive Medicaid benefits on or after March 1, 2005.
15. No state, governmental agency, or charitable organization is named as a devisee in the Will.
IT IS ORDERED that Decedent’s Will filed in connection with this estate is admitted to probate and that the clerk of this Court is ORDERED to record the Will, together with the application for its probate, the testimony given in this proceeding, and this Order in the Judge’s Probate Docket.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that no bond or other security is required, and upon taking and filing of the oath required by law, ANGELINA R. BASS shall be issued letters testamentary and is appointed Independent Executor of Dece-dent’s Will and estate and that no other action shall be had in this Court other than the Notice mandates pursuant to Section 308.002 of the Texas Estates Code and the return of an inventory, appraisement, and list of claims or the filing of an affidavit in lieu of inventory as required by law, and the filing of an affidavit or certificate concerning notice to beneficiaries as required by Chapter 308 of the Texas Estates Code.
SIGNED on 09-25-222
JUDGE PRESIDING: Intial
IS/ Frank W. Pettigrew
Frank W. Pettigrew
Attorney for: ANGELINA BASS
Bar no: 15858580
5115 Lake Ridge Parkway, Suite 170
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Phone: (972) 606-9000
Fax: (972) 606-9007
Clerk of the County
Court at Law #1
Ellis County, Texas
By: /s/ Mardy Horcutt