RED OAK – A missing 76-year-old Red Oak man was found safely by Walker County Public Safety.
Lloyd Dubose, who had last been seen Monday, Oct. 28 at around 9:30 a.m., took medication for dementia and diabetes.
He had gone missing Monday morning after a stop at the Red Oak Exxon station on Harris Street.
On Tuesday morning at 2:58 a.m., the Red Oak Police Department was notified that Walker County Public Safety had located Mr. Dubose safe and transported him to the Huntsville Police Department.
Dubose was reported missing at 1:36 p.m. Monday by his wife who he had been following in his black Ford F-150 pickup.
She said her husband, had been instructed to follow her in the Ford truck, was somehow separated and she lost sight of him after departing the Exxon gas station.
She and Dubose had planned to meet at an undisclosed business in Cedar Hill.
Dubose failed to arrive at the business.
After the wife and additional family members searched roadways between Red Oak and Cedar Hill for several hours to no avail, the Red Oak Police Department was contacted to report Dubose missing.
He had no mobile phone with him, as it was reported he left his phone at his residence when he left home Monday morning.
The older man had been reported as a missing person endangered, and a Silver Alert broadcast was sent out Monday at 5 p.m. for broadcasting by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The Red Oak Police had requested the community’s assistance in locating Dubose after his disappearance.
“We sincerely appreciate the assistance from our community and everybody who assisted with this matter,” Red Oak Police Department Lt. Marc Schroeder said.
- Log in or Subscribe to post comments.