PUBLIC NOTICE: Notice of Request for Proposals – Construction of a New Fire Station
Published 2 times in The Ellis County Press on Thursday, Dec. 27, 2018 and Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019,
NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Construction of a New Fire Station
Competitive Sealed Proposals (“Proposals”) will be received from qualified contractors until 10:00 AM on January 23, 2019 at Wilmer City Hall Located at 128 N. Dallas Ave. Wilmer, Texas 75172 by The City Secretary and then publicly opened and read aloud at 11:00 AM. The City Secretary will then review and act on the proposals at a meeting which will take place at that same place at 2:00 PM on January 23, 2019.
Construction of a New Fire Station
Project identification: Project Base Bid consists of construction of a New Fire Station, consisting primarily of fire fighter dormitory rooms, kitchen and day room facilities 4 bays 2 back in and 2 drive through, training room, fire pole, watch room and 2 storage rooms, approx. 7800sqft. The plans, specifications and all necessary information may be obtained in digital form from the office of the City Secretary:
City of Wilmer, Texas
C/O Patsy Patten City Secretary
128 N. Dallas Ave.
Wilmer, Texas. 75172 (972)441-3222
Contractors may begin requesting the documents on January 7, 2019 for a fee of $10.00.
Bonds are required for this project. The successful proposer shall be required to obtain performance and payment bonds and comply with all requirements for public works projects in Texas.
The City of Wilmer, Texas reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or to waive any informalities incidental thereto. It is the intent of City of Wilmer, Texas to award a contract to the lowest responsible offeror which provides the best value to the Owner, provided the Proposal has been submitted in accordance with the requirements of the proposal documents and does not exceed the funds available.
Within 15 days after receiving the Proposals, the Owner will rank each proposal and select the Proposal that offers the best value to the Owner based on:
1. The Bidder’s cost proposal.
2. The Bidder’s technical proposal.
3. The Bidder’s demonstrated administrative ability and financial resources to perform the work
4. The qualifications and experience of the project team the Bidder firm proposes to manage the project.
5. The Bidder’s demonstrated experience in constructing similar projects.
6. The Bidder’s demonstrated ability to suitably schedule the project and to meet schedules on other similar projects.
7. The Bidder’s past performance on other construction contracts for local government projects.
8. The Bidder’s safety record supported by accurate and verifiable data.
9. The methodologies for the Bidder’s quality assurance program.
10. The Bidder’s ability to start construction of the project in a timely manner.
The Owner will then attempt to negotiate a contract with the selected offeror.
The Owner may discuss with the selected offeror options for a scope or time modification and any price change associated with the modification. If the Owner is unable to negotiate a contract with the selected offeror, the Owner may end negotiations with that offeror and proceed to the next offeror in the order of the selection ranking until a contract is reached or all proposals are rejected.
All Proposers shall comply with the requirements and terms of the Texas Government Code Chapter 2258 (Prevailing Wage Rates).
No Proposal may be withdrawn for a period of 45 days after the public opening.
Notice to be published in The Ellis County Press on December 27, 2018 and January 3, 2019.
The City of Wilmer, Texas