GOD’S GRACE MINISTRIES: Weigh ourselves in the balances (part 1)
If we judge ourselves, that is to say weigh ourselves according to the word of God, we will not be judged. “If we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged” (1st Corinthians 11:31). Understand, God accepts no excuses, we have faith in God and obey God or we do not. If we do not, we will be judged accordingly. Know this, circumstances are minor issues with God, and it is our duty and responsibility to have faith in and obey God, not to deny God and give in to circumstances.
If we deny God, he will deny us. Our denial of God will be reflected in our actions and in our everyday walk, as will our walk of faith and obedience be manifested. Our faith and obedience to God is not a one-time thing as many teach, but our faith, obedience and non-denial of God is reflected in our everyday walk of faith. The only way we will obtain faith and to know God’s ways is to know the word of God through the Spirit. It is our duty as Christians to know and obey the word of God, in truth.
This is a self-evaluation to establish if we are in compliance with God’s word or not. The following are questions we must evaluate ourselves to establish our obedience and to make Godly changes within our lives. The question will be asked, but it is up to each of us to answer the question, honestly.
According to God’s Word:
• Christians, are we obeying God’s word and fulfilling our duty and responsibilities as Christians?
• Husbands are you obeying God’s word and fulfilling your duty and responsibilities as a husband?
• Wives are you obeying God’s word and fulfilling your duty and responsibilities as a wife?
• Children, are you obeying God’s word and fulfilling your duties and responsibilities as children?
• Parent’s, are you obeying God’s word and fulfilling your duties and responsibilities as parent’s?
• Men, are you obeying God’s word and fulfilling your duties and responsibilities as a man?
• Women, are you obeying God’s word and fulfilling your duties and responsibilities as a woman?
Part 2 next week