Waxahachie Indians ready to play in ‘The Old Coach Classic’ football game
WAXAHACHIE - The inaugural "The Old Coach Avery Air Classic" helps kickoff the 2010 football season with eight programs with a combined 14 state titles playing in four games at Carrollton’s Standridge Stadium Thursday, Aug. 26 through Saturday, Aug. 28.
The Old Coach Classic will showcase the start of another special start to a Texas high school football season, state championship hopes and dozens of major college prospects on the first three nights of football.
Avery Air has dedicated nearly $10,000 in college scholarships among the eight participating programs and each of the football supporting communities will have ample opportunity to enjoy enhanced pre-game tailgating.
Carrollton Newman Smith looks to rebuild on its history making season of last year by opening with the Keller Central Chargers at 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Eight-time state champion Celina brings its Bobcats’ pawprints to play speedy C-FB Ranchview for the 7:30 p.m. Friday matchup.
For a Saturday doubleheader, Waxahachie has the talent to win a Class 4A state title and the Indians will meet talent-laden, Class 5A Denton Guyer. In the second game, two of the state’s best blue-collar programs meet as Flower Mound Marcus plays Garland.
On Saturday, purchase one ticket to gain admission for both games.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 23, Pre-Game Tickets may be purchased in the city of Waxahachie, Monday – Friday at the following locations:
* Daily Light
* Neighborhood Credit Union
* All About Design T-shirt Shop
* High School Noon-1:45 on Friday only
Old Coach Classic Schedule:
· 7:30 Thursday: Newman Smith vs. Keller Central, Pre-sale tickets: $5 Adult / $3 Students, All tickets are $7 at the gate
· 7:30 Friday: Celina vs. C-FB Ranchview, Pre-sale tickets: $5 Adult / $3 Students, All tickets are $7 at the gate
· 4:30 Saturday: Denton Guyer vs. Waxahachie
· 7:30 p.m. Saturday: Flower Mound Marcus vs. Garland
Saturday doubleheader/one ticket good for both games. Pre-sale Tickets: $8 Adults/$5 Students. All tickets are $10 at the gate.