WAXAHACHIE – Unwillingness of local attorney magistrates to do after-hours work forced the Commissioners’ Court to approve two measures authorizing payment of $50 per affidavit ... Full story
Red Oak – The Red Oak ISD Board of Trustees unanimously voted on Nov. 18 to approve the deeding of 29.5 acres of land to ...
Waxahachie - Ellis County Sheriff’s Deputy Ken Hatcher took his support for Special Olympics to a new level Saturday, Nov. 9, when he grappeled off ...
Ennis construction company, owner found guilty of fraud; RW Caldwell Construction, owner liable for fraud, DTPA violations
WAXAHACHIE– Jurors unanimously sided with a local homeowner who sued RW Caldwell Construction and owner Russell Caldwell after the company walked away from a half-completed ...
AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is encouraging Thanksgiving travelers to practice safe driving habits during the long holiday weekend to help ...
MILFORD – Most residents were allowed to return home Saturday afternoon, two days after a gas pipeline explosion prompted their evacuation.
Chevron officials said Saturday the ...
Wayne McCollum of Waxahachie, the oldest living former sheriff in Texas, died Sunday, Nov. 17.
McCollum was Sheriff of Ellis County for 20 years. Sheriff McCollum ...
Ellis County Sheriff’s Deputy Mike McCorkle and his canine, Jax, provided a demonstration at Station 1 to members of Leadership Waxahachie on Nov. 15. The ...
The Annual Veterans Appreciation Day celebration for Ellis County Saturday, Nov. 9, at the Civic Center in Waxahachie was attended by more than 1,000 visitors. ...
ELLIS COUNTY— Big Brothers Big Sisters is pleased to announce the election of Duke Burge to its Ellis County Regional Board of Directors. Burge begins ...
A federal lawsuit filed against Red Oak and its former police chief accuses him of harassing black officers and refusing to hire female officers was ...
- 2012 PLATFORM COMPARISONS: Democratic National Platform, Republican National Platform
- Beware of summer heat dangers
- Childhood Obesity – Think back to what things were like in the 70s and early 80s
- Join the Arbor Day Foundation in July and 10 trees will be planted in high-need national forests
- Master Gardener Column: July Herb of the Month: Sunflowers
- MacKenzi Hoyle named to Harding University dean's list
- Rick Perry refuses to shake Obama's hand on tarmac, here's why RP's ticked
- Legal immigration is the law
- Mosquitoes can survive the drought, just add water
- Childhood Obesity – It Starts with the Parents
- Ellis County Sheriff’s Explorers Post 106 receive top honors
- SMU announces May 2014 graduates
- Inmate phones cost the county $0
- Boy Scouts place U.S. flags along Ferris streets; PATRIOTISM EXPRESSED
- Stand and Stitch at Seldom Seen Quilting on July 10
- TTC approves $120-million for I-35 improvement in Ellis County; I-35E, I-45 and I-10 receive approval of $570 million for 49 miles of rural highway expansion
- Sheriff reminds motorist not to 'drink and drive'
- Waxahachie author teaches children concept of consequences of actions
- Jumping in on the Coconut Craze
- LEO Firearms Instructor Course
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- Amazon Joins With Alloy Entertainment on Digital Publishing Imprint
- Bits Blog: The ‘Sharing Economy’ Goes White-Collar
- DealBook: Indian E-Commerce Firm Flipkart Raises Eye-Popping $1 Billion
- Rhapsody Reaches 2 Million Monthly Subscribers
- Workout Clothes With High-Tech Twist Sell Briskly
- OKCupid Publishes Findings of User Experiments
- Bits Blog: Airbnb Expands Into Business Travel
- Bits Blog: F.T.C. Publishes Steps for Mobile Industry to Prevent Overbilling
- 3 Killed in a Facebook Blasphemy Rampage in Pakistan
- Q&A: Using the ‘Public’ Network Option