Lufkin-based grocer expands its footprint LUFKIN – With the stroke of a pen, Brookshire Brothers Friday acquired the assets of a family-owned company with similar core ... Full story
AVALON – Ellis County farmer Amber Beakley directed a $2,500 donation to the Avalon Independent School District.
Funded by America’s Farmers Grow Communities, the donation will ...
By Mrs. Jamie L. Guthrie
Approximately 3.4 million people die annually around the globe from a water related disease, which is almost the entire population of ...
AUSTIN – Texas residents will begin receiving account credits or checks this week as a result of settlements with five of the nation’s largest publishers ...
WAXAHACHIE – A formal criminal complaint against Ellis County Judge Carol Bush has been filed with the Texas Rangers, alleging she filed false affidavits with ...
Waxahachie – Lt. Alex Zurfas of the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office recently graduated from the Leadership Command College – Class 70 of the Law Enforcement ...
AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs said today that state sales tax revenue in
February was $2.2 billion, up 5.8 percent compared to February 2013.
“Sales tax ...
WAXAHACHIE – Samuel Fuente Ortez a.k.a Marco Alvarez, 29, of El Salvador, was sentenced to 15 and 10 years in prison respectively, for the offenses ...
- Cities to celebrate National Night Oct . 7
- SAGU hosts pro-life benefit concert by FirstLook
- Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive arrested in Victoria
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive, Mexican Mafia gang member
- Texas Prepaid College Tuition Enrollment Open
- Making sure your child is riding safely on every trip
- Children Need More Variety, Fruits, and Veggies in Their Diets
- Police Warn of Possible SCAMS
- TxDOT, Law enforcement partner to save lives with 'Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.' initiative
- Back-to-school safety tips
- Human nature is resistant to change
- Sue Turner takes 1st place at State Fair
- Local government should be closest to the people; Most accessible - Most engaged - Listening
- SAGU Alumna assists translation of the Modern English Version Bible
- New USDA regulations for school food this year
- ECSO completes Labor Day DWI STEP enforcement initiative
- School provides a lot of social networking
- 4-H Food & Nutrition Project
- 'Pillows for Pets' donated to the Ellis County SPCA
- GRAND PRIZE CAR WINNER
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- DealBook: With Reddit Deal, Snoop Dogg Moonlights as a Tech Investor
- Bits Blog: Netflix’s Chief Executive Pushes Net Neutrality in Europe
- App Smart: Smartphone Photography Evolves With Camera Apps and Related Tools
- DealBook: Shares of German Online Retailer Zalando Rise in Frankfurt Debut
- Bits Blog: German Regulator Warns Google Over Collecting Users’ Data
- DealBook: A Separate PayPal Still Must Solve the Payments Puzzle
- Protesters Are Targets of Scrutiny Through Their Phones
- Apple Pay Signals New Era at Cash Register
- Room for Debate: When Privacy and Law Enforcement Collide
- ‘Twilight’ to Be Revived in Short Films on Facebook