Court denies sheriff’s request; Request to purchase 7 vehicles to replace aging Crown Victoria’s with 258,000 miles and increasing repair costs, was denied by county commissioners
WAXAHACHIE – In a presentation she titled “Preserving the past, preparing for the future,” Ellis County Judge Carol Bush gave what she later called “a ... Full story
AUSTIN – Rep. Jim Pitts passed House Bill 347 during the 83rd Regular Legislative Session.
Effective on Sept. 1, the new law prohibits drivers from using ...
Lancaster — The City of Lancaster wants you to mark your calendars for National Night Out 2013.
On Tuesday, Oct. 1, Lancaster communities and the Lancaster ...
Republican T. J. Fabby announced his candidacy for State Representative in House District 10.
Fabby is seeking to replace Jim Pitts, who recently announced his ...
Duke Burge of Midlothian announced his intention to seek election in the Republican primary as the Representative for District 10 in the Texas House ...
Kyle Butler, a life-long resident of Ellis County, grew up on a small farm between Waxahachie and Midlothian.
“I am proud to announce my candidacy ...
Dave Vance formally announces his bid for Ellis County Commissioner Precinct 4. He will be seeking election to take the seat of 22-year incumbent ...
Public input is sought by the Texas Department of Transportation on the proposed phasing of improvements to Loop 9 from U.S. Highway 67 to Interstate ...
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has designated September as National Preparedness Month and is encouraging individuals to take steps to prepare for emergencies and disasters.
WAXAHACHIE – Per-haps due to the absence of the county judge, who was reported to be on vacation, the regularly-scheduled meeting of the Ellis County ...
WAXAHACHIE – Ellis County’s annual budget process is in full swing and several opportunities are coming up for public participation.
The next regularly-scheduled meeting of the ...
- Select driver license offices open Saturdays to issue election identification certificates; Certificates also available at mobile stations, select county locations
- Benjamin Fallis has been accepted to Cornell College
- Local students make Angelo State University Fall Dean's List
- Doing Business With the IRS: Ask the irs to abate penalties - All they can say is no!
- Winter Storms & Extreme Cold: Inspire others to act by being an example yourself, Pledge to Prepare & tell others about it!
- Master Gardener: Plan for Onions Now
- U.S. Sen. John Cornyn introduces Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act
- Cash Prizes to be Awarded for Winners of Cattle Raisers Youth Contests March 3 Entry Deadline
- Annual Food and Coat Drive
- A&E Caves – Reinstates Embattled "Duck Dynasty" Star
- When crime happens... the sheriff takes action
- Comptroller distributes $802 million in monthly sales tax revenue to local governments
- Samantha Derden named to Dean's List at McMurry University
- 2014 ELECTION QUESTIONNAIRE: Lane Grayson
- 2014 ELECTION QUESTIONNAIRE: Dave Vance
- Charles Johnson earns degree from LeTourneau University
- Breakfast – a great way to start your day
- SAGU Theatre presents Black History Tribute 'Rooted'
- Vansyckle to vie for Ellis County Commissioner, Pct. 4
- 28th Charlie's Angel Brigade Class Graduates
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- 2013 Juneteenth Family Reunion to be held on Saturday, June 15
- BSW SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
- Doug Hunt presented with Rocky Strickland Community Enhancement Award
- Lancaster supports The Best Southwest/South Dallas Relay For Life
- Celebrity News Anchor to emcee Lancaster Chamber gala
- Library accepting Founding Members
- Texas' organ, tissue donor program approaches 5 million registrants
- DPS reminds Texans: Election identification certificates Available at Driver License Offices, Mobile Stations
- DPS rescues 39 children in 2013; Premier interdiction program exceeds total of 100 child recoveries
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive; Local Crime Stoppers programs offer additional rewards
- $10,000 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive, gang member from Amarillo
- Texas 10 Most Wanted Program Sets New Records; January designated as Crime Stoppers Month
- Reward raised to $20,000 for Most Wanted fugitive
- Most Wanted Sex Offender apprehended in Dallas Violent offender Bruno Keith Carmona now in custody
- DPS graduates 102 state troopers in Austin
- DPS increases DWI enforcement during holidays
- DealBook Column: Icahn’s War of Words With eBay
- Well: The Monitored Man
- Well: Parents, Wired to Distraction
- DealBook: At SXSW Conference, Ross Ulbricht’s Mother Presses Her Son’s Case
- Well: Every Dog Has Its Data
- Bits Blog: Apple Releases First Big Software Update for iOS 7
- Bits Blog: Live Video: Snowden Speaks About N.S.A. Spying
- DealBook: EBay Rejects Icahn’s Nominees for Its Board
- DealBook: China’s Tencent to Buy Stake in JD.com as Part of E-Commerce Push
- Dreams of a More Streamlined Car-Buying Process, With Technology as Facilitator