By Janet Jacobs (Corsicana Daily Sun) Corsicana — Joseph “Joey” Dauben, 31, will have to serve 15 years before he will be eligible for parole from ... Full story
Waxahachie – An Ellis County grand jury has indicted Lynda Lacefield Cayard, 56, of Palmer, on a first-degree felony charge of murder relating to the ...
Lancaster – The city of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department has opened registration for youth soccer (18 months – 16 years of age) and baseball ...
PLANO, Texas — For the second year in a row, Ferris Main Street made the Texas Historical Commission’s list of commended Main Street programs.
Longtime winner ...
ALLEN – A prominent Midlothian home builder was arrested by Allen Police, Friday, Jan. 11 on three felony warrants from Ellis County.
Kenny Lee Barrix, 47, ...
FERRIS – City Manger Eric Strong submitted his resignation this past week.
“On January 15th I issued my resignation to the City Council.
“I have been ...
Comptroller Distributes $531-million in Monthly Sales Tax Revenue: Ellis County cities collected $1,957,058.28 14.65%
AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs said state sales tax revenue in December was $2.17 billion, up 9.4 percent compared to December 2011.
Ellis County cities ...
WASHINGTON — Following the January tax law changes made by Congress under the American Taxpayer Relief Act, the Internal Revenue Service announced today it plans ...
By Janet Jacobs and Bob Belcher
Corsicana Daily Sun
Reprinted by Permission
Corsicana — Joseph “Joey” Dauben received three 10-year sentences in prison Monday, Jan. 14 in 13th District ...
Michael D. Mitchell
The most common rite of passage for college undergraduates—the Spring Break party—is getting an update at Navarro College this March. The Office of ...
January 16, 2013
WASHINGTON: Rep. Joe Barton (R-Ennis/Arlington) issued the following statement after President Obama announced his overreaching plan to curb gun violence:
“My thoughts and prayers ...
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 at 9:04 am
Introduced in Texas today, House Bill 553 (HB553), is the Second Amendment Preservation Act.
The bill reaffirms the 2nd Amendment, ...
- Halloween 2014
- Highland Meadows Church Fall Festival set for Oct. 25
- Walton Group announces Edward Fleming as new COO; Fleming to manage day-to-day operations for walton’s landholdings and developments
- Wilmer Pioneer Days 2014
- Italy Homecoming 2014
- Palmer Homecoming 2014
- TSTC North Texas RO to hold ribbon cutting Oct. 17
- Monthly Sales Tax Allocation Comparison Summary Reports
- Maypearl native Capt. Ayers one of Army's Explosive Ordinance Disposal Soldiers
- Red Oak ISD to hold mock disaster drill Friday, Oct. 3
- How students learn today
- Triumph Work Day at NECO
- ECSO Explorers place 3rd at Plano X Extreme Explorer Competition
- Sheriff gives crime prevention tips for Holiday Season
- Coronado High School graduate Jessica Pearce joins the Colgate University Class of 2018
- 'Creamer Economy' to help teach the state-required TEKS
- Update on EC police officer
- Ennis Fall Festival 2014
- Ennis Homecoming 2014
- Waxahachie Homecoming 2014
- Sen. Cornyn introduces measure to ensure concealed carry reciprocity
- Master Gardener: November Herb of the Month: Pumpkins
- Don’t fall for phony IRS websites
- Mind the gap: Supplemental insurance will cover what Medicare doesn’t
- Ashworth College upgrades Veterinary Assistant Training Program
- U.S. Senate urges communities, parents to fight teen Rx medicine abuse
- White House Confirms Obama Wants To Ban Guns
- Wendy’s Stumbles into Chick-fil-A Controversy
- Black Pastor Calls Obama “Judas” on Gay Marriage
- Anna Boyd Dixon graduates from Samford University
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- 2013 Juneteenth Family Reunion to be held on Saturday, June 15
- Reward increased to $10,000 for Most Wanted Fugitive
- Reminder: Reward increased to $8,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive from Laredo
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
Q. Why is Easter before Passover this year?
A. This is a perfect example of how Christianity has departed from the Word of God and follows ...