Special to The Ellis County Press WAXAHACHIE – The Ellis County Sheriff’s Office recovered 1,176 marijuana plants from an illegal marijuana grow Tuesday afternoon, Aug. 21. Estimated ... Full story
WAXAHACHIE – The Ellis County Homespun Society will be one of the more than 20 Civil War educational presentations featured at the 2012 Chautauqua Assembly. ...
Eliminating mosquitoes around your house in addition to using approved medications can ensure your pet remains a healthy companion.
To lessen your pets’ exposure to mosquitoes ...
Lance Cpl. Timothy Childers 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit
Lance Cpl. Scott J. Kelley and Pfc. Joshua A. Limbash, both artillery cannoners from Battery B, Battalion Landing ...
Ferris – If you drink and drive in Ferris beware, Ferris Police Department is joining with law enforcement throughout the nation for the “Drive ...
DALLAS – Shane Wilson, 32, of Midlothian, was sentenced last week by U.S. District Judge Jane J. Boyle to a total of 84 months in ...
‘Warbirds on Parade’ coming Saturday, Sept. 1; Commemorative Air Force Dfw Wing salutes Veterans of all ages
LANCASTER – There are numerous war movies, history books and stories handed down from servicemen and women about how warplanes played a significant role in ...
Submitted by Sharon Harrissharonrenee62@aol.com
FERRIS - The Ferris FFA Booster Club announced Ferris High School graduate, Cortney Petrich is the recepient of a $1,000 scholarship.
Petrich has ...
AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs announced today that state sales tax revenue in July was $2.05 billion, up 10.1 percent compared to July 2011.
- Halloween 2014
- Highland Meadows Church Fall Festival set for Oct. 25
- Walton Group announces Edward Fleming as new COO; Fleming to manage day-to-day operations for walton’s landholdings and developments
- Wilmer Pioneer Days 2014
- Italy Homecoming 2014
- Palmer Homecoming 2014
- TSTC North Texas RO to hold ribbon cutting Oct. 17
- Monthly Sales Tax Allocation Comparison Summary Reports
- Maypearl native Capt. Ayers one of Army's Explosive Ordinance Disposal Soldiers
- Red Oak ISD to hold mock disaster drill Friday, Oct. 3
- How students learn today
- Triumph Work Day at NECO
- ECSO Explorers place 3rd at Plano X Extreme Explorer Competition
- Sheriff gives crime prevention tips for Holiday Season
- Coronado High School graduate Jessica Pearce joins the Colgate University Class of 2018
- 'Creamer Economy' to help teach the state-required TEKS
- Update on EC police officer
- Ennis Fall Festival 2014
- Ennis Homecoming 2014
- Waxahachie Homecoming 2014
- Sen. Cornyn introduces measure to ensure concealed carry reciprocity
- Master Gardener: November Herb of the Month: Pumpkins
- Don’t fall for phony IRS websites
- Mind the gap: Supplemental insurance will cover what Medicare doesn’t
- Ashworth College upgrades Veterinary Assistant Training Program
- U.S. Senate urges communities, parents to fight teen Rx medicine abuse
- White House Confirms Obama Wants To Ban Guns
- Wendy’s Stumbles into Chick-fil-A Controversy
- Black Pastor Calls Obama “Judas” on Gay Marriage
- Anna Boyd Dixon graduates from Samford University
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- 2013 Juneteenth Family Reunion to be held on Saturday, June 15
- Reward increased to $10,000 for Most Wanted Fugitive
- Reminder: Reward increased to $8,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive from Laredo
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
AUSTIN (Texas) - Governor Rick Perry has signed Senate Bill 321 into law! This NRA-backed bill authored by state Senator Glenn Hegar (R-Katy) and state Representative Tim Kleinschmidt ...
- Dedication held for 2nd I-45 overpass
- FedEx Ground dedicates solar installation at hub; Solar system joins similar installations in the FedEx Ground network and signifies its strong partnership with SoCore Energy
- Bullet train from Dallas to Houston plans revealed; Would pass-thru Ellis County