Laura E. PasleySpecial Assignment Reporter WAXAHACHIE - Time stood still for Kaufman residents this past Thursday morning when at approximately 9 a.m., Kaufman County Prosecutor Mark ... Full story
By Janet Jacobs (Corsicana Daily Sun)
Corsicana — Joseph “Joey” Dauben, 31, will have to serve 15 years before he will be eligible for parole from ...
Waxahachie – An Ellis County grand jury has indicted Lynda Lacefield Cayard, 56, of Palmer, on a first-degree felony charge of murder relating to the ...
Lancaster – The city of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department has opened registration for youth soccer (18 months – 16 years of age) and baseball ...
PLANO, Texas — For the second year in a row, Ferris Main Street made the Texas Historical Commission’s list of commended Main Street programs.
Longtime winner ...
ALLEN – A prominent Midlothian home builder was arrested by Allen Police, Friday, Jan. 11 on three felony warrants from Ellis County.
Kenny Lee Barrix, 47, ...
FERRIS – City Manger Eric Strong submitted his resignation this past week.
“On January 15th I issued my resignation to the City Council.
“I have been ...
Comptroller Distributes $531-million in Monthly Sales Tax Revenue: Ellis County cities collected $1,957,058.28 14.65%
AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs said state sales tax revenue in December was $2.17 billion, up 9.4 percent compared to December 2011.
Ellis County cities ...
WASHINGTON — Following the January tax law changes made by Congress under the American Taxpayer Relief Act, the Internal Revenue Service announced today it plans ...
By Janet Jacobs and Bob Belcher
Corsicana Daily Sun
Reprinted by Permission
Corsicana — Joseph “Joey” Dauben received three 10-year sentences in prison Monday, Jan. 14 in 13th District ...
Michael D. Mitchell
The most common rite of passage for college undergraduates—the Spring Break party—is getting an update at Navarro College this March. The Office of ...
January 16, 2013
WASHINGTON: Rep. Joe Barton (R-Ennis/Arlington) issued the following statement after President Obama announced his overreaching plan to curb gun violence:
“My thoughts and prayers ...
- Master Naturalist: Indian Trail Chapter wants you!
- Do you want to become a Master Gardener
- Downtown Christmas Lights
- 27th Charlie's Angel Brigade Class Graduates
- Serving Country: Rebecca A. Pevehouse
- Serving Country: Richard T. Kitterman
- Serving Country: Collin S. Pennington
- Serving Country: Kasey L. Justus
- Serving Country: Jase M. Holden
- Serving Country: Myron O. Hanson III
- North Ellis County Outreach Toy Program is now underway
- Serving Country: Alexzander E. Simmons
- Serving Country: Samuel L. Williamson
- Serving Country: Aashay L. Terrell
- Serving Country: Gavon J. Williams Sr.
- War on Drugs activities held during Red Ribbon Week
- CONSTABLE’S CORNER: By Constable Terry L. Nay - Ellis County Precinct 2
- Around and About…The Best Southwest
- Detention center officers jobs explained, justified
- Ferris McDonald Elementary Celebrates Red Ribbon Week!
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- 2013 Juneteenth Family Reunion to be held on Saturday, June 15
- BSW SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
- Doug Hunt presented with Rocky Strickland Community Enhancement Award
- Lancaster supports The Best Southwest/South Dallas Relay For Life
- Celebrity News Anchor to emcee Lancaster Chamber gala
- Library accepting Founding Members
- Tony Hakim, a positive music force in DFW: Featured entertainer at Lancaster Historical Society’s Dinner in the Rose Garden for 25 years
- Serving Country: DeMeisha R. Jones
- Reward increased to $15,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender
- With grim milestone as a reminder, TxDOT urges drivers to stay alert, obey traffic laws in effort to halt fatality trend Staggering daily death toll dates back to 2000
- Reward increased to $17,500 for featured fugitive
- Mobile stations issuing Election Identification Certificates across Texas
- TxDOT prepares to publish names of top toll violators in effort to recoup $27 million on behalf of law-abiding drivers; Starting Thursday, violators' names will be posted online, shared with media
- Obey the Law: Don’t Pass Stopped School Buses; Troopers set to issue tickets to drivers breaking the law
- DPS announces Driver Responsibility Incentive Program
- Area students enter Class of 2017 at McMurry University
- Area students join HPU’s largest incoming freshman class in more than 30 years
- Area students involved in "Sporting Event" play at H-SU
- Business Briefing | Regulatory News: F.C.C. Delays Auction of Airwaves Until 2015
- Slowly They Modernize: A Federal Agency That Still Uses Floppy Disks
- Bits Blog: AT&T Responds to Shareholders’ Concerns on User Data
- Your Money Adviser: Mobile Banks Gaining Popularity With Young Consumers
- App City: An App to Find Holiday Light Displays
- Genetic Tester to Stop Providing Data on Health Risks
- DealBook: In the Murky World of Bitcoin, Fraud Is Quicker Than the Law
- Bits Blog: Behind London Tech Scene, a Government Push
- DealBook: Kozlowski’s New Job: Software Company Clerk
- Bits Blog: Palantir Reloads for the Corporation