Special to The Ellis County PressDALLAS – World War II veteran Charles Atchley of Waxahachie was one of seven veterans the French government honored on ... Full story
Ellis County Sheriff Johnny Brown recently swore in Joshua Baker as a Deputy Sheriff. Baker has held a Peace Officer license since February 2011. His ...
Court denies sheriff’s request; Request to purchase 7 vehicles to replace aging Crown Victoria’s with 258,000 miles and increasing repair costs, was denied by county commissioners
WAXAHACHIE – In a presentation she titled “Preserving the past, preparing for the future,” Ellis County Judge Carol Bush gave what she later called “a ...
AUSTIN – Rep. Jim Pitts passed House Bill 347 during the 83rd Regular Legislative Session.
Effective on Sept. 1, the new law prohibits drivers from using ...
Lancaster — The City of Lancaster wants you to mark your calendars for National Night Out 2013.
On Tuesday, Oct. 1, Lancaster communities and the Lancaster ...
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive, Mexican Mafia gang member
- Texas Prepaid College Tuition Enrollment Open
- Making sure your child is riding safely on every trip
- Children Need More Variety, Fruits, and Veggies in Their Diets
- Police Warn of Possible SCAMS
- TxDOT, Law enforcement partner to save lives with 'Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.' initiative
- Back-to-school safety tips
- Back to School Safety Tips for Motorists and Kids
- Texas Civil Defense meets Saturday
- Ferris Main Street to host THC Training
- New USDA regulations for school food this year
- ECSO completes Labor Day DWI STEP enforcement initiative
- School provides a lot of social networking
- 4-H Food & Nutrition Project
- 'Pillows for Pets' donated to the Ellis County SPCA
- GRAND PRIZE CAR WINNER
- Welcome Back to Ferris ISD
- Sheriff congratulates Cindy Ermatinger, new district judge
- Deputy to participate in 'Over the Edge' fundraiser
- Sheriff offers advise on self-defense
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- State of the Art: With Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus, Phablets Get Serious
- Bits Blog: IBM Offers Workers Training and Pay Cuts
- Sony Widens Expected Loss to $2.14 Billion
- Q&A: Defragmenting the Hard Drive on a Windows PC
- Report Cites Forced Labor in Malaysia
- Terrance Paul, Developer of Teaching Software, Dies at 67
- Machine Learning: Review and Video: With New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, It’s What’s Inside That Counts
- CD-Loving Japan Resists Move to Online Music
- DealBook: Rackspace Decides to Go It Alone
- Bits Blog: Y Combinator, a Start-Up Incubator, Goes to College
How did fireworks become America's Fourth of July pastime? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
For as long as Americans can remember, the nation has celebrated the Fourth of July by staging grand fireworks shows in public squares and lighting ...