AUSTIN – State Representative Jim Pitts (R-Waxahachie), Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriations, announced today he does not intend to seek re-election and plans ... Full story
RED OAK – Three criminology experts have been chosen to serve on the committee that will review Red Oak Police Department’s racial profiling procedures, among ...
On Monday, Aug. 19, Ellis County Sheriff Johnny Brown recently swore in Erin McClelland as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff. McClelland has held a Peace Officer ...
WAXAHACHIE - On Friday, Aug. 16, an Ellis County jury sentenced Michelle Lorraine Lehman, 41, of Dallas, to one year in jail and a $4,000 ...
HUTCHINS – An 83-acre industrial development off Interstate 45 was given the go ahead by city of Hutchins to build a 1.6 million-square-foot warehouse.
The Hillwood ...
Waxahachie – Ellis County Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 106 brought home multiple trophies, plaques and medals, including third place overall team honors, from the recent ...
AUSTIN – The Texas Transportation Commission and the Texas Department of Transportation announced the selection of the Yellowjacket Multi-Use Trail for Transportation Enhancement Program funding.
- 2012 PLATFORM COMPARISONS: Democratic National Platform, Republican National Platform
- Beware of summer heat dangers
- Childhood Obesity – Think back to what things were like in the 70s and early 80s
- Join the Arbor Day Foundation in July and 10 trees will be planted in high-need national forests
- Master Gardener Column: July Herb of the Month: Sunflowers
- MacKenzi Hoyle named to Harding University dean's list
- Rick Perry refuses to shake Obama's hand on tarmac, here's why RP's ticked
- Legal immigration is the law
- Mosquitoes can survive the drought, just add water
- Childhood Obesity – It Starts with the Parents
- Ellis County Sheriff’s Explorers Post 106 receive top honors
- SMU announces May 2014 graduates
- Inmate phones cost the county $0
- Boy Scouts place U.S. flags along Ferris streets; PATRIOTISM EXPRESSED
- Stand and Stitch at Seldom Seen Quilting on July 10
- TTC approves $120-million for I-35 improvement in Ellis County; I-35E, I-45 and I-10 receive approval of $570 million for 49 miles of rural highway expansion
- Sheriff reminds motorist not to 'drink and drive'
- Waxahachie author teaches children concept of consequences of actions
- Jumping in on the Coconut Craze
- LEO Firearms Instructor Course
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- Business Briefing: Bose Sues Beats Electronics Over Patents
- Sorted Food, a Cooking Channel, Is a YouTube Hit
- Bits Blog: Bill to Legalize Unlocking Cellphones Passes Congress
- Bits Blog: Challenges for Amazon’s Cloud Computing Hopes
- Technology: Garmin HUD+ Review
- Bits Blog: Is Moore’s Law Less Important to the Tech Industry?
- The Emoji Have Won the Battle of Words
- Bits Blog: How to Charge Your Phone in 15 Minutes
- Q&A: A Mac That Keeps Working, Even in Sleep Mode
- Start-Ups in India Streamline Auto-Rickshaw Business