HILCOs Operation Round UpÂ® grants funding to local organizations
Operation Round Up® is a voluntary program in which residential members of HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. sign up to have their electric bills rounded upward to the next dollar.
Every month, the additional pennies, nickels and dimes are added to a special fund.
The Operation Round Up® Trust Board, comprised of representatives of the HILCO districts, meets once a quarter to review applications and to decide how the funds are to be allocated.
At their April meeting, HILCO Electric’s trust board voted to disburse $8,905 to nine organizations in the HILCO service area.
These funds were donated during the first quarter of 2010.
Grant checks were presented on Tuesday, April 27 at the Midlothian HILCO office.
On hand to help with the presentations were Board Director Jan Smith and Trust Board Members Debbie Brooks and Richard Turner.
The following organizations were recipients of the first quarter funds disbursements:
· 24 Hope, Inc. (Midlothian) $1,000 - After school snack program and tutoring/mentoring
· Common Ground Ministries (Waxahachie) - $500 - Snacks for children
· Dinah Weable Breast Cancer Survivors Event (Waxahachie) - $1,000 - Screening mammograms
· Family Abuse Center (Waco) - $2,100 - Three month supply of fresh foods for clients
· Isaiah’s Place, Inc. (Whitney) - $215 - Deaf Missions ASL DVD’s
· Itasca Booster Club (Itasca) - $500 - Summer track program
· Lakeview Volunteer Fire Department (Whitney) - $1,140 - Dyna Med First Responder Equipment
· St. Joseph Catholic School (Waxahachie) - $850 - Classroom tables
· WRC Pregnancy Center of Ellis County (Waxahachie) - $1,600 - "Earn While You Learn" curriculum
Since the Operation Round Up® program began in 2001, more than $429,567.66 has been returned to communities within the HILCO service area.
This has been made possible from the generosity of residential members who have opted to participate monthly in the program.
Members may have their names added to or removed from the program by calling HILCO at 254-687-2331 or 800-338-6425.
The next deadline for Operation Round Up® is June 30.
Applications are available online at www.hilco.coop, or can be picked up at one of the three HILCO offices located at 115 E. Main in Itasca, 4581 FM 933 in Whitney or 300A Silken Crossing in Midlothian.
Organizations can contact Jill Huggins, HILCO Executive Assistant, for more information at 254-687-2331 or 800-338-6425, extension 1142.