HILCOs Operation Round UpÂ® Grants funding to local organizations
Operation Round Up® is a program in which residential members of HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. sign up to voluntarily have their electric bills rounded upward to the next dollar.
Every month, the additional pennies, nickels and dimes are added to a special fund. The Operation Round Up® Trust Board, comprised of representatives of the HILCO districts, meets once a quarter to review applications and to decide how the funds are to be allocated.
At their July meeting, HILCO Electric’s Trust Board voted to disburse $10,689.99 to fifteen organizations in the HILCO service area.
These funds were donated during the second quarter of 2009.
The grant presentations were made on Aug. 11, 12 and 13 in the Midlothian, Whitney and Itasca offices.
The checks were presented to organization representatives by HILCO Board President Bill Allen and Operation Round Up Board Trustees Debbie Brooks and Richard Turner.
The following organizations were recipients of the second quarter funds disbursements:
• 2604 Volunteer Fire Department (Whitney) - $650 - safety vests
• Aquilla Scholarship Foundation (Aquilla) - $1,000 - Funds for college scholarships
• Central Texas Senior Ministry dba Meals & Wheels (Waco) - $1,000 - Meals for homebound elders in the Itasca area
• Common Ground Ministries (Waxahachie) - $1,000 - Food/snacks for children’s summer program
• Hill County CPS Board (Hillsboro) - $1,000 - School clothing/supplies for children
• Hill County CPS "Adopt-A-Caseworker" (Hillsboro) - $182.99 - air conditioner and refrigerator for client
• Hospice of the Heart (Whitney) - $525 - Bed/chair alarms and e-tank cylinder carts
• House Where Jesus Shines (Waco) - $1,000 - Commercial grade refrigerator
• Isaiah’s Place, Inc. (Whitney) - $455 - Training materials/sleeping cots
• Itasca Booster Club–Summer Track Program (Itasca) - $250 - Summer Track Program – Water and food for state track meet
• Itasca Booster Club– Science Nation Honor Society (Itasca) - $500 - Science National Honor Society trip to Florida
• Lake Whitney Ministerial Alliance - Food Bank (Whitney) - $500 - Replenish food bank supplies
• Lakeview Volunteer Fire Department (Whitney) - $ 1,377 - Five Motorola Monitor V fire pagers
• St. Joseph Catholic School (Waxahachie) - $750 - Assistance with purchase of laptop computers
• Waxahachie Care Services (Waxahachie) - $500 - Food for the food pantry/food bank
Since the Operation Round Up® program began in 2001, more than $402,017 has been returned to communities within the HILCO service area.
This has been made possible from the generosity of residential members who have opted to participate monthly in the program.