Commissioners Court will meet Monday, July 12 at 10:00 a.m.
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING ELLIS COUNTY COMMISSIONERS’ COURT
Notice is hereby given that a regular meeting of the Ellis County Commissioners’ Court will be held on Monday, July 12, 2010 at 10:00 A.M., in the Historic Ellis County Courthouse, Commissioners’ Courtroom (2nd flr),
101 West Main Street, Waxahachie, Texas at which time the following will be discussed and considered, to-wit:
Judge Carol Bush
Ron Brown, Commissioner, Pct. 4
County & District Attorney’s Office:
1.2 Motion to Open Court.
1.3 Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance - Commissioner Heath Sims
CONSENT AGENDA – Consideration and Action:
A1 Approval of Regular Bills, Payroll, and Officers' Report.
A3 Approval and certification of minutes from the Commissioners’ Court agenda dated:
May 3, 2010 Special meeting May 10, 2010 Regular meeting
May 14, 2010 Special meeting May 24, 2010 Regular meeting
June 14, 2010 Regular meeting June 28, 2010 Regular meeting
F1 From 006-0754-50868, Contract Labor; 006-0754-40008, Interlocal To 006-0754-50915, Asphalt; 006-0754-50807, General Expense. – Ron Brown, Commissioner Pct 4
F2 From 010-0653-50868, FM2 Contract Labor To 010-0653-50911, FM2 Gravel. – Bill Dodson, Commissioner Pct. 2
F3 From 001-0360-50873, Maint/ Rsp Office Equip; 001-0360-50601, Travel Reimbursement To 001-0360-50806, Dues/Bonds, 001-0360-50811, Auto Purchase, 001-0360-50833, Court Reporting. – Joe Grubbs, County & District Attorney
F4 From 001-0140-50838, Transport Death Victims To 001-0230-50890, County Supply Rm. – Carol
Bush, County Judge
2A King’s Prairie Addition, 1 lot, Billy Jack Graves, Pct. 3.
3.1 Consideration and action to contract with BAT Security for installation and monthly maintenance for an alarm system in the Waxahachie tax office.
- John Bridges, County Tax Collector, Assessor
3.2 Consideration and action to approve a contract with West Publishing for the law library to use West Complete for print publications. The yearly savings will be approximately $1,300.
- Ann Montgomery, Assistant County and District Attorney
3.3 Consideration and action to accept the certification of qualified signatures on a Local Option Petition “TO LEGALIZE THE SALE OF BEER AND WINE FOR OFF-PREMISE CONSUMPTION ONLY” IN THE City of Palmer and order an election to be held on November 2, 2010, the next uniform election date, in the City of Palmer; and the City of Palmer will be responsible for the election cost.
- Jane Anderson, Elections
3.4 Consideration and action to approve the polling locations for the General Election to be held on November 2, 2010.
- Jane Anderson, Elections
3.5 Consideration and action to approve the early voting schedule and locations for the General Election to be held on November 2, 2010.
- Jane Anderson, Elections
3.6 Consideration and action to re-appoint Dr. Thomas Ledbetter to a two-year term as the Ellis County Health Authority.
- John Patterson, Emergency Management
DEPARTMENT OF COUNTY DEVELOPMENT
Consideration and action regarding the following presented by Delton Ake, Director Department of Development:
4.1 Replat – Emerald Forest, Section One, Lot 5, Block 1, Christopher G. Donelson and Saundra K. Donelson, Pct. 3.
RECESS TO CONVENE TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
“The Commissioners’ Court of Ellis County reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed in this agenda, in the order deemed appropriate, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.072, or to seek the advice of its attorney and/or other attorneys representing Ellis County on any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the -Commissioners’ Court under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Texas Government Code Chapter 551 or as otherwise may be permitted under §551.072.”
5.1 Pursuant to Section 551.072 of the Government Code, consultation with counsel regarding the possible sale or lease of real property “if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the governmental body in negotiations with a third person.”
ADJOURNMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSION
Signed this the 8th day of July, 2010.
Ellis County Judge
I, the undersigned, County Clerk of the Ellis County Commissioners Court do hereby certify that the above Notice of Regular Meeting of the Ellis County Commissioners Court is a true and correct copy of said Notice, that I received said Notice, and it was posted at the doors of the Ellis County Courthouse, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 8th day of July, 2010, at ____________ a.m./p.m.
· The Commissioners Court reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any particular order. · Anyone wishing to address the Commissioners Court concerning a posted agenda item must make a formal request by presenting a "Participation Form" to the County Clerk at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the meeting. · If you or your representative, have a disability that requires special arrangements and you plan to attend this public meeting, please contact the County Judge’s Office at (972) 825-5011 within 72 hours of the meeting. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet your needs at the meeting.
· The Commissioners Court reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any particular order.
· Anyone wishing to address the Commissioners Court concerning a posted agenda item must make a formal request by presenting a "Participation Form" to the County Clerk at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the meeting.
· If you or your representative, have a disability that requires special arrangements and you plan to attend this public meeting, please contact the County Judge’s Office at (972) 825-5011 within 72 hours of the meeting. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet your needs at the meeting.