Prairieland groundwater conservation district
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
PRAIRIELANDS GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The members of the Ellis County Commissioners Court have been invited to participate in the initial Board of Directors Meeting of the Prairielands Groundwater Conservation District. The meeting will be held on Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. in the Johnson County Courthouse Commissioners Courtroom, Room 201, 2 N. Main Street, Cleburne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed:
SEE ATTACHED MEETING NOTICE
I, the undersigned, County Clerk of the Ellis County Commissioners Court do hereby certify that the above Notice of Workshop Meeting of the Ellis County Commissioners Court was posted at the doors of the Ellis County Courthouse, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the ____ day of November, 2009, at _______ A.M./P.M.
Anyone wishing to address the Commissioners Court concerning a posted agenda item must make a formal request by presenting a "Participation Form" to the Court Coordinator at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the meeting.
If you or your representative have a disability that requires special arrangements and you plan to attend this public meeting, please call 825-5011 within 72 hours of the meeting. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet your needs at the meeting.
NOTICE OF MEETING
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PRAIRIELANDS GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Commissioners Courtroom, Room 201
Johnson County Courthouse
2 N. Main Street, Cleburne, Texas
Thursday, November 5, 2009, at 7:00 PM
The Board of Directors may discuss, consider, and take all necessary action regarding each of the agenda items below:
- Introduction of elected officials and other invited guests -- Honorable John Matthews, Johnson County Commissioner.
- Finalize sworn statements of appointed public officer and oaths of office for Board of Directors. Administration of oaths of office as necessary.
- Call to order, declare meeting open to the public, and take roll.
- Review and approval of Directors' bonds.
- Filing of District boundaries with County Clerks, filing copy of Directors' written oaths with Secretary of State, release of personal information of directors, and filing names and mailing addresses with TCEQ Executive Director.
- Determination of directors’ terms of office pursuant to the District’s enabling act.
- Presentation on history of and path forward for the District, and overview of Texas groundwater law and management and the District’s role in it - - Brian L. Sledge, Attorney, Lloyd Gosselink Rochelle & Townsend, P.C.
- Overview of and election of District officers.
- Selection and engagement of District legal counsel.
- Review interim funding options for the District, including approval of interlocal agreement for funding with Ellis, Hill, Johnson, and/or Somervell Counties.
- Review and approval of Directors' insurance.
- Directors’ Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act training requirements.
- Designation of temporary administrative office for the District.
- Establishment of temporary Post Office Box or other mailing address for District, and establishment of email address distribution list for District notices.
- Discuss selection of a depository for the District.
- Discuss any other organizational matters of the District.
- Determine next meeting of the Board of Directors and new business for next meeting agenda; consider establishment of regular meeting date.
- Public comment.
The above agenda schedule represents an estimate of the order for the indicated items and is subject to change at anytime. These public meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you require special assistance to attend the meeting, please call (512) 322-5839 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting to coordinate any special physical access arrangements.
At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Prairielands Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session on any of the above agenda items or other lawful items for consultation concerning attorney-client matters (§551.071); deliberation regarding real property (§551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gifts (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076). Any subject discussed in executive session may be subject to action during an open meeting.