Does this call for a national emergency?
Wow. National Emergency. Special Government Powers enabled.
For the FLU?
I mean really, lets look at a simple statistical comparison here...
SWINE FLU (aka H1N1)
Health authorities say more than 1,000 people in the United States, including almost 100 children, have died from the strain of flu known as H1N1, and 46 states have widespread flu activity. (More Here)
Ok, now lets look at a bigger killer that currently ALSO bears the label "pandemic"...
HIV AND AIDS (Just in the USA)
- Number of people living with HIV: 1 200 000 [690 000 - 1 900 000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate: 0.6% [0.4% - 1%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV: 1 100 000 [690 000 - 1 900 000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV: 230 000 [140 000 - 400 000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV: N/A
- Deaths due to AIDS: 22 000 [9 000 - 54 000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17: N/A
I don't hear anything about needing a NATIONAL EMERGENCY for AIDS? even though it is by FAR a greater threat, a larger killer, than this FLU...
Or maybe, Next month he will expand his National Emergency to cover AIDS also, or who knows, maybe the common cold?
Lets hear what you think about this? Leave your comments on the website (look at end of article for POST A COMMENT)...