Fire House No.2
HUTCHINS – The City of Hutchins and the Hutchins Fire Department celebrated the grand opening of Fire Station No.2 , located at 1525 East Wintergreen Road.
The new 7,100 square foot facility took a year to build with construction beginning in Dec. of 2007 and ending Dec. of last year.
Built by Dallas firm 3i Construction, it will house Engine 2, Medic 702 and Booster 2 all while being able to accommodate sleeping arrangements for nine.
The $2.1 million fire station was constructed without any debt to the city thanks to the donation of 1.7 acres of land from the Allen Group, a cash grant by the Hutchins Economic Development Board, and existing funds reserved by the City of Hutchins for the station.
“This station is critical in keeping up with the growth of [our] city and because the station was built with no debt, fire fighters can concentrate on saving lives,” proclaimed Mayor Artis Johnson during opening ceremonies.