Council Meeting, Monday, Sept. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2008
Notice is hereby given that the Glenn Heights City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2008, beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 1938 South Hampton Road, Glenn Heights, Texas as prescribed by V.T.C.S., Government Code Section §551.041, to consider and possibly take action on the following agenda items. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown in the meeting notice.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
“NATIONAL NIGHT OUT”
“FIRE PREVENTION WEEK”
All matters listed in Item 1, Consent Agenda, are to be considered routine by the City Council will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion on these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be considered separately.
1. Consider and approve the Minutes of the August 28, 2008 special meeting and September 2, 2008 regular meeting.
2. Consider and approve Resolution R-30-08 casting the Cities vote for Board Member of Directors of HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc.
3. Consider and approve Resolution R-31-08 authorizing the City Manager to implement a revised Holiday schedule for City Employees.
4. Consider and approve Resolution R-32-08 authorizing the City Manager to contract with Reliant Energy for Electrical Service.
5. Consider and approve Resolution R-33-08 authorizing the City Manager to contract with J.D.C. Construction for Courtney Lane Park Improvements.
6. Consider and approve Resolution R-34-08 authorizing the City Manager to contract with Dedie Leahy and Company to provide consulting services to design enhancement of the logo of the City of Glenn heights.
7. Consider and Approve Ordinance O-31-08 an Ordinance an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Glenn Heights, Texas repealing Article 7.01 of the Code of Ordinances in its entirety; amending Article 7.01 of the Code of Ordinances relative to Municipal Court by establishing the Glenn Heights Municipal Court as a Municipal Court of Record, adopting provisions of the Government Code; establishing the jurisdiction of the court; providing for the appointment of a Municipal Judge and Court Clerk and the employment of court personnel; providing for appeals; providing a severability clause; repealer; and providing an effective date. First Reading
8. Consider and Approve Adoption of Ordinance O-32-08 an Ordinance of the City of Glenn Heights, Texas amending the City of Glenn Heights Code of Ordinances, Article 13.02 “Water, Wastewater and Solid Waste Collection Rates, Charges, Fees, Billing Procedure and General Policies,” and Section 13.02.04 “Waiver of Water Tap Fee,” by replacing Section 13.02.04 with a New Section entitled “Water Fee Exemptions,” providing for an exemption from monthly irrigation rates for citizens over the age of 65; amending Appendix A, “Fee Schedule,” Article 7.01 “Utility Related Fees’ as indicated in the attached Exhibit “A” relative to; reflecting the exemption from monthly irrigation rates for citizens over the age of 65; providing for repeal of all conflicting ordinances, orders, and resolutions; providing a severability clause, and providing an effective date.
9. Consider and Approve Adoption of Ordinance O-28-08 an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Council of the City of Glenn Heights, Texas, adopting the Annual Program of Services for the Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2008 and ending September 30, 2009 and making appropriations for each Department, Project and Account for said year in accordance with the Code of Ordinances for the City of Glenn Heights, Texas and the Laws of the State of Texas; providing a severability clause; and providing an effective date.
10. Consider and Approve Adoption of Ordinance O-29-08 an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Glenn Heights, Texas, Ratifying the property tax revenue increase reflected in the Annual Program of Services for the Fiscal Year Beginning on October 1, 2008 and Ending on September 30, 2009.
11. Consider and Approve Adoption of Ordinance O-30-08 an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Glenn Heights, Texas, providing for the Assessment, Levy and Collection of Ad Valorem Taxes for the City of Glenn Heights, Texas, for the Year 2008 on all Taxable Property within the Corporate Limits of the City as of January 1, 2008, not exempt by Law; providing Revenues for payment of Current Municipal Expenses; providing for the collection of Taxes and the enforcement of collections; and providing an effective date.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter §551. Texas Local Government Code V.T.C.S. (OPEN MEETINGS LAW), in accordance with the authority contained in Section §551.071 Legal, Section §551.072 Real Estate AND Section §551.074 Personnel.
A. Pursuant to Sec. §551.074, Government Code, regarding Personnel - City Manager search.
B. Pursuant to Sec. §551.074, Government Code, regarding Personnel – to discuss the employment, duties, evaluation, discipline and termination of the Interim City Manager.
Any final action, decision or vote on a matter deliberated in Executive Session or on information received in conference with employees will be taken in an Open Meeting that is held in compliance with Texas Government Code Chapter §551. The City Council reserves the Right to convene in Executive Session as authorized by the Texas Government Cede Section §551.001, ET. SEQ. (Texas Open Meetings Act) on any item on its Open Meeting Agenda or to reconvene in a continuation of an Executive Session on the Executive Session Items noted above, in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, including without limitation. Sections §551.071-§551.085 of the Texas Open Meetings Act.
13. Consider an Official Action as a result of the Executive Session.
14. Announcements from the City Manager.
15. Request/Comments from the Mayor and/or Council Members.
I, Othel Murphree, City Secretary, do hereby certify that the Agenda was posted convenient to the Public at Glenn Heights City Hall, 1938 South Hampton Road, Glenn Heights, by 5:00 P.M. on Thursday, September 11, 2008.