Home | News | 314 homes planned for Beltline Road

314 homes planned for Beltline Road

By
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

SHERRY LONG
The Ellis County Press

WILMER - BriscoeClark, a Dallas based real estate development company, is planning on building 314 homes on a 56.72- acre lot at the intersection of Beltline and Goode Road, within city limits.

Wilmer's planning and zoning board approved the preliminary concept plan during its Nov. 20 meeting with 80 percent of the homes being a minimum of 1,400 square feet and the remaining 20 percent to be no smaller than 1,100 square feet.

'Very few of those are going to be at 1,100,' Jim Briscoe, a partner with BriscoeClark said.

Two board members wanted the smallest houses to be at least 1,200 square feet.

Planning and zoning chairman Ron Miles said he felt if people paid more for a home, they would work harder to maintain it and keep the neighborhood looking better.

'So the way I'm looking at it if we get the 1,200, I believe that we are going to get a class of people that can afford those homes so they will keep them nice and neat,' Miles said.

'We want growth and the only way we're going to grow is to get the homes these people want to buy and stay in these houses.'

Briscoe said homebuilders do not make money on the smaller homes, but they need ability to build smaller houses within the division to attract buyers and sell them a larger home.

He said the homes would be a minimum of 1,100 square feet living space, not including the square footage of the garage and air conditioning units.

BriscoeClark representatives told the board they could accept the proposed 80/20 deal or 100 percent of the homes could be a minimum of 1,200 square feet.

After more discussion, Miles and other board members later voted to accept the 80/20.

Board members were also concerned on how the subdivision would impact the Beltline and Goode Roads.

After a previous meeting the developer fixed the preliminary plat with the entrances both facing Beltline Road.

Briscoe said his company had left 30 feet on either side of Beltline Road to build another lane to handle future traffic.

Calling the subdivision a series of starter homes marketed to first time home owners, Briscoe said, homes would retail for $98,000-$150,000.

In addition to the preliminary plat BriscoeClark also submitted a set of development standards detailing building materials used, landscaping and fencing.

Developer standards state all the homes must be at least 60 percent brick, stone or other form of masonry, have a wood fence six to seven foot high to encompass each home's backyard and four foot concrete sidewalks will be installed throughout the development.

Clark said he expects the first phase of Meadow Ridge would be constructed starting in about a year, if all goes smoothly.

He said the development would be built out in three phases over three years.

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (0 posted)

total: | displaying:

Post your comment

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Quote

Please enter the code you see in the image:

Captcha

Log in

  • Email to a friend Email to a friend
  • Print version Print version
  • Plain text Plain text

Tagged as:

No tags for this article

Rate this article

0
Powered by Vivvo CMS v4.5.2