Home | News | North Texas Men Receive Lengthy Federal Prison Sentences for Role in Insurance Fraude Case Involving Arson

By
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

Nov. 18, 2011

DALLAS – Blaise Hancock, of Arlington, Texas, and Clint Allen, of Lewisville, Texas, were sentenced this morning by Chief U.S. District Judge Sidney A. Fitzwater to 79 months and 51 months in federal prison, respectively, for conspiring to fraudulently obtain insurance money by filing a claim for insurance proceeds on a house fire that Allen had deliberately set in Dallas.

In addition, they were ordered to pay, jointly and severally, nearly $300,000 in restitution and Allen was ordered to forfeit nearly $250,000. Judge Fitzwater ordered that they surrender the Bureau of Prisons on January 3, 2012. Today's announcement was made today by U.S. Attorney Sarah R. Saldaña of the Northern District of Texas.

More »

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (6 posted)

12/19/2011 02:09:41
How about doing some true investigativie reporting. Ask about the the presentensing objections that and legal documents that refute the so Called truth of the prosecution.
truthshallset ufree 01/03/2012 13:22:41
Isit normal for a defense attorney to contact and arrange witnesses for defense of a client? is it normal for a defense attorney to keep in contact with his client and meet to go over what to expect?

Phillip Linder did none of these as my defense attorney, did not contact even one witness out of a dozen, refused to return calls, emails and even text messages. When I showed up at his office, he left me in a conference room for two hours and then took phone calls during the thirty minutes he gave me.

When phillip forced me to sign a plead at a Pre-Trial hearing, he gave me ten minutes to decide, refused to allow me to contact my family and told me I was pleading to fraud relating to a lease submitted by my insurance appraiser on my behalf. He told me that they were offering a plea, and I would be required to help the prosecutors to go after the bigger fish, Jackson Fulgham, whom they already knew was involved in multiple fraud claims against insurance companies.

After I agreed, he presented me with documents claiming I led a gang to set fire to my own home. I am from a family that helped to found this country. I am not the leader of any gang. I crossed out anything and everything that was untrue, I corrected dates which were wrong and then I initialed each page.What was filed with the court was a clean copy, adding my signature page, no initials appeared anywhere. I believe, but have no way of proving that Phillip Linder submitted the papers and allowed me to be convicted and sentenced in some sort of deal he made to support his political aspirations. If this is the case, any evidence is probably destroyed, including the pages of the original plea agreement. However Mr. Linder should be disbarred and never allowed to hold any public office.
Reply Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
Tina Moreno 01/12/2012 15:56:14
Blaise Hancock is also a gay male prostitue, walked in on him and my husband, he took thousands of dollars from my husband over the years. he is scum and should be in for life.....
07/12/2013 01:01:20
I know Blaise, I'm not surprised to hear this, details??
The Truth 03/04/2012 19:57:50
Tina, you are correct! Blaise Hancock is a gay male prostitute!! I met him several years ago, but thankfully I caught on to what he was about before I got mixed up in his insanity. Thank god I listened to my gut. He claims to be a descendant of John Hancock (that's what he meant by "I am a member of a family who helped to found this country.") I don't know if he actually is a descendant of John Hancock or if he made it up, thinking it would convince the upper class to let him into their world. Who would care anyway, right? But if it's true, I can only imagine John Hancock rolling over in his grave knowing what has become of one of his descendants. Apparently, Blaise wrote a book called 'Breaking Into High Society: The American Snob Handbook' (ironic, yes?) and another, 'Be Prepared: The Disaster Readiness Handbook' (perhaps more ironic?!). It doesn't seem likely that he'll be breaking into 'High Society' any time soon! I wonder if he was "prepared" for the "disaster" he created for himself? He has accrued some seriously bad karma over the years -- I'm surprised it took this long for him to get his comeuppance. I wouldn't be surprised if there were dozens of other scams this grifter had been involved with over the years. I wonder if the FBI or some other law enforcement agency is investigating deeper into his past...I suppose more will be revealed about that in time. Notice how he tried to implicate some other guy in his crime? I wonder how ratting others out will go over with the other inmates? Hmmm...well, he'll be in prison for approximately 6 1/2 years, so he'll have plenty of time to experience the various consequences of his actions.
Jake gittes 03/04/2013 09:56:18
His book, Breaking Into High Society was plagiarized by pulling snippets out if other similarly written handbooks and passed off as his own. There's an entitlement and attitude of "I should be rich and famous", and I'm going to make that happen, any way that I can. I have ZERO problem believing that Blaise planned this entire escapade and his continued insistence that the world ganged up on him is not only laughable, it's sad.
total: 5 | displaying: 1 - 5

• Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline

Please enter the code you see in the image:

Captcha

• Email to a friend Email to a friend
  • Print version Print version
  • Plain text Plain text
Nelson Propane

Tagged as:

No tags for this article

Rate this article