Dallas-Fort Worth Navy Week Among Navy’s Top 2011 Outreach Events
The 2011 Dallas-Fort Worth Navy Week, scheduled for Apr. 7-17, is among the top events on the Navy’s 2011 Calendar for America, which sets forth the service’s most prominent outreach activities across the country and was officially announced today by the Chief of Naval Operations.
Navy Weeks show Americans the investment they have made in their Navy by providing an opportunity to meet Sailors face-to-face and learn about the Navy's critical mission and its broad-ranging capabilities through community engagements.
- "Our Outreach throughout the year helps all Americans better understand the value of their Navy and the service of the men and women of our country who are Sailors. The events we support and the relationships we build with communities across the nation allow us to share the story of America’s Navy in a meaningful and memorable way.”
---Admiral Gary Roughead, Chief of Naval Operations
The U.S. Navy conducts approximately 20 Navy Weeks each year, reaching out to communities across the country to show Americans the investment they have made in their Navy. During a Navy Week celebration, the Navy concentrates a variety of outreach events in a metropolitan area for a week, sharing the Navy story with as many people as possible.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in Dallas-Fort Worth Navy Week:
- Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron “Blue Angels” performances
- Sailors from Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit
- Sailors from USS Dallas, USS Texas, and/or USS Fort Worth
- Navy Band musical performances
- Admirals and other senior Navy leaders, who will engage with local corporate, civic, government and education leaders
- Navy simulators and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local sports franchises
Other areas that have been selected to host a 2011 Navy Week include: Tampa Bay; Austin, Texas; Mississippi; Denver; New Orleans; Philadelphia; Chattanooga, Tenn.; the Quad Cities; Chicago; Rochester, N.Y.; Detroit; Los Angeles; Fargo, N.D.; Indianapolis; Cincinnati; Omaha, Neb.; New England; Albuquerque, N.M.; El Paso, Texas; and San Antonio.
For more information on the 2011 Dallas-Fort Worth Navy Week, please contact Mr. Todd Martin at email@example.com. More detailed information on each Navy Week can be found at our website, www.navyweek.org. For high resolution photos from past Navy Week celebrations, visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/navyweek/sets/.
The 2011 Navy Week season will also help commemorate the Centennial of Naval Aviation, which kicks off in 2011 and continues as a year-long celebration with a variety of commemorative events planned across the country throughout the year. For more information on the Centennial of Naval Aviation latest information, visit http://www.public.navy.mil/airfor/centennial/Pages/welcome.aspx.