One Day Type-1 Diabetes Seminar for Families at Texas Lions Camp
Texas Lions Camp, in cooperation with Texas Tech Health Sciences Center, is conducting an exclusive advanced diabetes education seminar for the entire family, including siblings and grandparents on Saturday, April 16 in Kerrville, Texas.
Caring for young people with diabetes is a challenge for the whole family, and can be intimidating for grandparents or extended family caregivers. Attending this seminar will provide knowledge, understanding, and confidence for the entire family. Grandparents will spend a portion of the day in sessions specifically designed for their unique situations, and siblings will have a break out session of their own. More details are available at www.lionscamp.com .
While children with diabetes and their non-diabetic siblings enjoy the professionally supervised activities of Texas Lions Camp’s state-of-the-art facility, a team of internationally recognized diabetes experts, led by Dr. Stephen Ponder, will provide a day-long seminar on how to apply advanced diabetes care skills. The goal of the seminar is to increase levels of advanced diabetes care knowledge and skills.
Cost for this opportunity, including all meals, snacks and presentation materials, is $75 per family (includes grandparents) or $25 per individual. Register online at www.lionscamp.com.
The focus of the this seminar is to enhance the advanced diabetes care skills and working knowledge of parents of children with type 1 diabetes and adults with type 1 diabetes in a relaxed and unhurried atmosphere. Participants receive a basic review of current goals of diabetes care and review core diabetes care concepts which are vital for anyone with type 1 diabetes to master. The seminar concludes with an open forum question and answer session for any topic. A course syllabus will be provided to each family or individual attending with educational materials complementing each presentation.
- Dr. Stephen W. Ponder MD, FAAP, CDE, Professor at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Permian Basin Campus, Medical Director for the Texas Lions Camp Diabetes Camp.
- Barbara J. Anderson, Ph.D, Professor of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, and Senior Psychologist, Diabetes Care Center at Texas Children’s Hospital
- Meaghan Anderson, RD, MN, CDE, Diabetes Clinical Manager for Medtronic.
- Nelda Caceres, RN, CDE, Texas A&M University Coastal Bend Health Education Center
- Barb Schreiner, PhD, RN, CDE, Lead Instructor with the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Kevin McMahon, CEO healthimo
Please join us at Texas Lions Camp or invite someone who would benefit from attending the seminar. For more information, or to register, go to www.lionscamp.com