AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs said today state sales tax revenue in January was $2.12 billion, up 6.1 percent compared to January 2012. Ellis County ... Full story
SHERMAN — A 46-year-old Maypearl podiatrist has been sentenced to federal prison for health care and income tax fraud in the Eastern District of Texas, ...
ELLIS COUNTY — A construction project to repair roadway base and then overlay it with new surface on both frontage roads of I-35E north of ...
By Janet Jacobs (Corsicana Daily Sun)
Corsicana — Joseph “Joey” Dauben, 31, will have to serve 15 years before he will be eligible for parole from ...
Waxahachie – An Ellis County grand jury has indicted Lynda Lacefield Cayard, 56, of Palmer, on a first-degree felony charge of murder relating to the ...
Lancaster – The city of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department has opened registration for youth soccer (18 months – 16 years of age) and baseball ...
PLANO, Texas — For the second year in a row, Ferris Main Street made the Texas Historical Commission’s list of commended Main Street programs.
Longtime winner ...
ALLEN – A prominent Midlothian home builder was arrested by Allen Police, Friday, Jan. 11 on three felony warrants from Ellis County.
Kenny Lee Barrix, 47, ...
FERRIS – City Manger Eric Strong submitted his resignation this past week.
“On January 15th I issued my resignation to the City Council.
“I have been ...
Comptroller Distributes $531-million in Monthly Sales Tax Revenue: Ellis County cities collected $1,957,058.28 14.65%
AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs said state sales tax revenue in December was $2.17 billion, up 9.4 percent compared to December 2011.
Ellis County cities ...
WASHINGTON — Following the January tax law changes made by Congress under the American Taxpayer Relief Act, the Internal Revenue Service announced today it plans ...
By Janet Jacobs and Bob Belcher
Corsicana Daily Sun
Reprinted by Permission
Corsicana — Joseph “Joey” Dauben received three 10-year sentences in prison Monday, Jan. 14 in 13th District ...
- Making the Holidays Less Stressful
- Master Naturalist: Indian Trail Chapter wants you!
- Do you want to become a Master Gardener
- Downtown Christmas Lights
- 27th Charlie's Angel Brigade Class Graduates
- Serving Country: Rebecca A. Pevehouse
- Serving Country: Richard T. Kitterman
- Serving Country: Collin S. Pennington
- Serving Country: Kasey L. Justus
- Serving Country: Jase M. Holden
- Serving Country: James T. Simmons
- Serving Country: Janet Saucedo
- Serving Country: James D. Haase
- Officers taught how to respond to mental health crisis
- North Ellis County Outreach Toy Program is now underway
- Serving Country: Alexzander E. Simmons
- Serving Country: Samuel L. Williamson
- Serving Country: Aashay L. Terrell
- Serving Country: Gavon J. Williams Sr.
- War on Drugs activities held during Red Ribbon Week
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- 2013 Juneteenth Family Reunion to be held on Saturday, June 15
- BSW SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
- Doug Hunt presented with Rocky Strickland Community Enhancement Award
- Lancaster supports The Best Southwest/South Dallas Relay For Life
- Celebrity News Anchor to emcee Lancaster Chamber gala
- Library accepting Founding Members
- Tony Hakim, a positive music force in DFW: Featured entertainer at Lancaster Historical Society’s Dinner in the Rose Garden for 25 years
- Serving Country: DeMeisha R. Jones
- New canine teams join DPS crime fighting efforts
- Independent Agents Guide Consumers Through Affordable Care Act
- Reward increased to $15,000 for Most Wanted Sex Offender
- With grim milestone as a reminder, TxDOT urges drivers to stay alert, obey traffic laws in effort to halt fatality trend Staggering daily death toll dates back to 2000
- Reward increased to $17,500 for featured fugitive
- Mobile stations issuing Election Identification Certificates across Texas
- TxDOT prepares to publish names of top toll violators in effort to recoup $27 million on behalf of law-abiding drivers; Starting Thursday, violators' names will be posted online, shared with media
- Obey the Law: Don’t Pass Stopped School Buses; Troopers set to issue tickets to drivers breaking the law
- DPS announces Driver Responsibility Incentive Program
- Area students enter Class of 2017 at McMurry University
- Bits Blog: Instagram Introduces Private Messaging
- Bits Blog: N3twork: A New Tool for Curating the Unruly Web
- DealBook: Venture Capital Bets Big on Bitcoin
- DealBook: Shopify Raises $100 Million in Third Round of Financing
- Indian Court Removes Obstacle to Microsoft-Nokia Merger
- Korean Court Rejects Samsung Lawsuit Against Apple
- Advertising: Zeus Jones to Open San Francisco Office
- Europeans Pay Less for Mobile Use, but at a Cost
- DealBook: Facebook to Join S.&P. 500
- State of the Art: Dropcam as Part Baby Monitor, Part High-Tech Security Guard