Junior Heifers Brayden DeBorde, Bardwell, 2nd place, Polled Hereford Zack Hill, Midlothian, 5th place, Charelais Jake Johnston, Waxahachie, 2nd place, Brangus Samantha Garcia, Waxahachie, 2nd place, Angus Lillie Beason, Maypearl, ... Full story
Waxahachie – The 13th Annual Cotton Patch Chili Cook-off drew competitors from all around Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana to Waxahachie to see who made the ...
WAXAHACHIE – All was glitz and glamour on Saturday night at the annual fundraising Gala for CASA of Ellis County, an event designed to honor ...
Ellis County revenue raised as VLB land and home loans top $3.4 million for 2013
AUSTIN — In 2013, Texas veterans borrowed more than $3.4 million ...
WAXAHACHIE – The state’s largest educator association is hosting a forum Thursday, Feb. 20 for the four candidates vying to replace retiring State Representative Jim ...
WAXAHACHIE – “We just got over $600,000,” said Ellis County Judge Carol Bush, laughing merrily, upon approval by the Commissioners’ Court of two Homeland Security ...
DALLAS (SMU) –Legendary retailer J. C. Penney was called “Jimmy” by only one person, his third wife, Caroline. To everyone else he was Mr. Penney.
Midlothian - On Feb. 4, the Texas Civil Defense and two of Constable Mike Jones deputies, Tom Coppock and Mark Bounds, put on a self ...
Ferris —Nearly 190 first graders at Lucy Mae McDonald Elementary in Ferris recently received free prevent tooth decay kits through the Fantastic Teeth Fan Club. ...
FERRIS – Due to a several year moratorium on adding any new taps to the existing water lines, Rockett Water Special Utility District will be ...
LANCASTER – On Saturday Feb. 1, at 7:16 a.m., Lancaster Police responded to the 2900 block of Danieldale Road on a welfare check of a ...
House District 10 debate sought; Ellzey Issues Debate Challenge; Proposes One Debate Each in Ennis, Waxahachie and Midlothian
Ellis County – Jake Ellzey, Republican Candidate looking to succeed Jim Pitts in the Texas House of Representatives, today challenged his fellow candidates in the ...
FERRIS – After serving a Business Manager for Ferris Independent School District for 25 years and 16 years in Terrell ISD, Ron Smith is retiring.
Waxahachie – The musical group The Pianissimo will perform “The Feast of Eight Hands” at 7 p.m. on Feb. 20 in Southwestern Assemblies of God ...
WAXAHACHIE – On Friday, Jan. 24, 43 year-old Jeffrey Dean Gerron of Ennis was sentenced to a total of 81 years on nine counts of ...
Judge accused of pulling bait-and-switch maneuver; Through deceptive wording on the agenda for a special-called meeting
WAXAHACHIE – Ellis County Judge Carol Bush may be accused of pulling a bait-and-switch maneuver on county taxpayers through deceptive wording on the agenda for ...
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive, Mexican Mafia gang member
- Texas Prepaid College Tuition Enrollment Open
- Making sure your child is riding safely on every trip
- Children Need More Variety, Fruits, and Veggies in Their Diets
- Police Warn of Possible SCAMS
- TxDOT, Law enforcement partner to save lives with 'Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.' initiative
- Back-to-school safety tips
- Back to School Safety Tips for Motorists and Kids
- Texas Civil Defense meets Saturday
- Ferris Main Street to host THC Training
- New USDA regulations for school food this year
- ECSO completes Labor Day DWI STEP enforcement initiative
- School provides a lot of social networking
- 4-H Food & Nutrition Project
- 'Pillows for Pets' donated to the Ellis County SPCA
- GRAND PRIZE CAR WINNER
- Welcome Back to Ferris ISD
- Sheriff congratulates Cindy Ermatinger, new district judge
- Deputy to participate in 'Over the Edge' fundraiser
- Sheriff offers advise on self-defense
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- Hollywood’s Old-Time Star Makers Are Swooping In on YouTube’s Party
- Advertising: Google Lends a Helping Hand to Madison Ave. on Digital Proficiency
- F.C.C. Revisits Net Neutrality Exemption for Mobile Broadband
- Bits Blog: Middle Eastern Petrochemical Plants Are Targets of Hackers
- Bits Blog: Google Report Shows Governments’ Increasing Demands for Users’ Data
- Bits Blog: Nominee for European Post Voices Concern About U.S. Tech Giants
- Bits Blog: An Alliance of Major Players to Guide Open-Source Software
- DealBook: Alibaba Raises Fund-Raising Target for I.P.O. to $21.8 Billion
- Bits Blog: Minecraft’s Creator, the Ambivalent Billionaire
- Bits Blog: Online Orders for New iPhones Exceed 4 Million
How did fireworks become America's Fourth of July pastime? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
For as long as Americans can remember, the nation has celebrated the Fourth of July by staging grand fireworks shows in public squares and lighting ...