RED OAK – Three suspects have been arrested for the April 1 Bank Robbery at Citizens National Bank in Red Oak. A joint investigation with Red ... Full story
Lufkin-based grocer expands its footprint
LUFKIN – With the stroke of a pen, Brookshire Brothers Friday acquired the assets of a family-owned company with similar core ...
AVALON – Ellis County farmer Amber Beakley directed a $2,500 donation to the Avalon Independent School District.
Funded by America’s Farmers Grow Communities, the donation will ...
By Mrs. Jamie L. Guthrie
Approximately 3.4 million people die annually around the globe from a water related disease, which is almost the entire population of ...
AUSTIN – Texas residents will begin receiving account credits or checks this week as a result of settlements with five of the nation’s largest publishers ...
WAXAHACHIE – A formal criminal complaint against Ellis County Judge Carol Bush has been filed with the Texas Rangers, alleging she filed false affidavits with ...
Waxahachie – Lt. Alex Zurfas of the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office recently graduated from the Leadership Command College – Class 70 of the Law Enforcement ...
AUSTIN — Texas Comptroller Susan Combs said today that state sales tax revenue in
February was $2.2 billion, up 5.8 percent compared to February 2013.
“Sales tax ...
WAXAHACHIE – Samuel Fuente Ortez a.k.a Marco Alvarez, 29, of El Salvador, was sentenced to 15 and 10 years in prison respectively, for the offenses ...
- Children Need More Variety, Fruits, and Veggies in Their Diets
- Police Warn of Possible SCAMS
- TxDOT, Law enforcement partner to save lives with 'Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.' initiative
- Back-to-school safety tips
- Back to School Safety Tips for Motorists and Kids
- Texas Civil Defense meets Saturday
- Ferris Main Street to host THC Training
- Hot Red- Ferris Youth Softball
- Dem introduces bill banning firearm-branded attire for children under 18
- Shooting his first bolt action rifle
- Deputy to participate in 'Over the Edge' fundraiser
- Sheriff offers advise on self-defense
- Jacob Ortiz graduates from the University of Houston
- Serving Country: Camron D. Williams
- Serving Country: David M. Whisenhunt
- Serving Country: Robert J. Taylor
- Sheriff gives 'high-praise' to explorers for top spots
- Keeping 'Bag' Lunches Safe
- Sneaky Cleats 8u softball
- 26th Charlies Angel Brigade Class graduates
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- The Media Equation: Amazon Bets on Content in Deal for Twitch
- Mental Floss Is Buoyed by Online Video
- NATO Set to Ratify Pledge on Joint Defense in Case of Major Cyberattack
- Bits Blog: San Francisco Exhales During ‘Burning Man Exodus’
- DealBook: Top Bitcoin Proponent to Plead Guilty to Federal Charge
- Hal Finney, Cryptographer and Bitcoin Pioneer, Dies at 58
- Power Up: E-Sports Set Video Gamers Fighting for Real Money in Virtual Contests
- ISIS Displaying a Deft Command of Varied Media
- Q&A: How to Manage Google Location Tracking
- Bits Blog: Getting a Clear Picture of a Computer Network’s Security
How did fireworks become America's Fourth of July pastime? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
For as long as Americans can remember, the nation has celebrated the Fourth of July by staging grand fireworks shows in public squares and lighting ...