WAXAHACHIE - Several Ellis County Sheriff’s Office personnel have been busy out in the community planning a very special event for four-year-old cancer survivor, Kadence ... Full story
Lufkin-based grocer expands its footprint
LUFKIN – With the stroke of a pen, Brookshire Brothers Friday acquired the assets of a family-owned company with similar core ...
AVALON – Ellis County farmer Amber Beakley directed a $2,500 donation to the Avalon Independent School District.
Funded by America’s Farmers Grow Communities, the donation will ...
By Mrs. Jamie L. Guthrie
Approximately 3.4 million people die annually around the globe from a water related disease, which is almost the entire population of ...
AUSTIN – Texas residents will begin receiving account credits or checks this week as a result of settlements with five of the nation’s largest publishers ...
WAXAHACHIE – A formal criminal complaint against Ellis County Judge Carol Bush has been filed with the Texas Rangers, alleging she filed false affidavits with ...
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive, Mexican Mafia gang member
- Texas Prepaid College Tuition Enrollment Open
- Making sure your child is riding safely on every trip
- Children Need More Variety, Fruits, and Veggies in Their Diets
- Police Warn of Possible SCAMS
- TxDOT, Law enforcement partner to save lives with 'Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.' initiative
- Back-to-school safety tips
- Back to School Safety Tips for Motorists and Kids
- Texas Civil Defense meets Saturday
- Ferris Main Street to host THC Training
- New USDA regulations for school food this year
- ECSO completes Labor Day DWI STEP enforcement initiative
- School provides a lot of social networking
- 4-H Food & Nutrition Project
- 'Pillows for Pets' donated to the Ellis County SPCA
- GRAND PRIZE CAR WINNER
- Welcome Back to Ferris ISD
- Sheriff congratulates Cindy Ermatinger, new district judge
- Deputy to participate in 'Over the Edge' fundraiser
- Sheriff offers advise on self-defense
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- Sony Widens Expected Loss to $2.14 Billion
- Q&A: Defragmenting the Hard Drive on a Windows PC
- Report Cites Forced Labor in Malaysia
- Terrance Paul, Developer of Teaching Software, Dies at 67
- Machine Learning: Review and Video: With New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, It’s What’s Inside That Counts
- CD-Loving Japan Resists Move to Online Music
- DealBook: Rackspace Decides to Go It Alone
- Bits Blog: Y Combinator, a Start-Up Incubator, Goes to College
- Uber Ban in Germany Is Lifted by Court
- Bits Blog: IBM Offers a Data Tool for the Mainstream, With Watson’s Help
How did fireworks become America's Fourth of July pastime? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
For as long as Americans can remember, the nation has celebrated the Fourth of July by staging grand fireworks shows in public squares and lighting ...