T.J. FABBY Republican T. J. Fabby announced his candidacy for State Representative in House District 10. Fabby is seeking to replace Jim Pitts, who recently announced his ... Full story
Duke Burge of Midlothian announced his intention to seek election in the Republican primary as the Representative for District 10 in the Texas House ...
Kyle Butler, a life-long resident of Ellis County, grew up on a small farm between Waxahachie and Midlothian.
“I am proud to announce my candidacy ...
Dave Vance formally announces his bid for Ellis County Commissioner Precinct 4. He will be seeking election to take the seat of 22-year incumbent ...
Public input is sought by the Texas Department of Transportation on the proposed phasing of improvements to Loop 9 from U.S. Highway 67 to Interstate ...
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has designated September as National Preparedness Month and is encouraging individuals to take steps to prepare for emergencies and disasters.
WAXAHACHIE – Per-haps due to the absence of the county judge, who was reported to be on vacation, the regularly-scheduled meeting of the Ellis County ...
WAXAHACHIE – Ellis County’s annual budget process is in full swing and several opportunities are coming up for public participation.
The next regularly-scheduled meeting of the ...
AUSTIN – Approximately $3.8 million for Lancaster Municipal Airport was approved by the Texas Transportation Commission at its August meeting.
The funds will be used for ...
Corsicana – Some of Western Arts’ finest will be at the Pearce Museum Sept. 6-8 when A New Look at the West! Show & Sale ...
AUSTIN – State Representative Jim Pitts (R-Waxahachie), Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriations, announced today he does not intend to seek re-election and plans ...
RED OAK – Three criminology experts have been chosen to serve on the committee that will review Red Oak Police Department’s racial profiling procedures, among ...
On Monday, Aug. 19, Ellis County Sheriff Johnny Brown recently swore in Erin McClelland as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff. McClelland has held a Peace Officer ...
- Join the Arbor Day Foundation in July and 10 trees will be planted in high-need national forests
- Master Gardener Column: July Herb of the Month: Sunflowers
- MacKenzi Hoyle named to Harding University dean's list
- Rick Perry refuses to shake Obama's hand on tarmac, here's why RP's ticked
- Legal immigration is the law
- Mosquitoes can survive the drought, just add water
- Childhood Obesity – It Starts with the Parents
- 238 Years later, would Americans still choose freedom over slavery?
- Briana Treadaway joins Big Brothers Big Sisters Ellis County
- Dale Garris returns from Africa ministry trip lasting 10 years
- Inmate phones cost the county $0
- Boy Scouts place U.S. flags along Ferris streets; PATRIOTISM EXPRESSED
- Stand and Stitch at Seldom Seen Quilting on July 10
- TTC approves $120-million for I-35 improvement in Ellis County; I-35E, I-45 and I-10 receive approval of $570 million for 49 miles of rural highway expansion
- Sheriff reminds motorist not to 'drink and drive'
- Waxahachie author teaches children concept of consequences of actions
- Jumping in on the Coconut Craze
- LEO Firearms Instructor Course
- Former ESCO employee indicted on felony charge for insurance fraud
- Summer Meals are in at Ferris ISD! School Nutrition Update
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- Lancaster announces 3 police chief finalists
- Southwest Children's Chorus to hold auditions
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- Bits Blog: The Next Big Thing in Hardware: Smart Garbage
- A Google Team, on a Jaunt Around Liberty Island, Records Every Step
- Josh Topolsky of The Verge Is Joining Bloomberg
- Corner Office: Lonne Jaffe, chief executive of Syncsort, on the importance of setting priorities
- E.C.B. Says It Has Been Hacked in Apparent Blackmail Attempt
- Sale of Handset Unit Bolsters Nokia’s Profit
- Business Briefing: Qualcomm Cites Problems in Collecting China Royalties
- Bits Blog: Twitter, Like Other Big Tech Companies, Comes Up Short on Diversity
- Disruptions: The Demise of the Pen
- Bits Blog: Six Indicted on Hacking Charges Related to Hot StubHub Tickets