AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is encouraging Thanksgiving travelers to practice safe driving habits during the long holiday weekend to help ... Full story
MILFORD – Most residents were allowed to return home Saturday afternoon, two days after a gas pipeline explosion prompted their evacuation.
Chevron officials said Saturday the ...
Wayne McCollum of Waxahachie, the oldest living former sheriff in Texas, died Sunday, Nov. 17.
McCollum was Sheriff of Ellis County for 20 years. Sheriff McCollum ...
Ellis County Sheriff’s Deputy Mike McCorkle and his canine, Jax, provided a demonstration at Station 1 to members of Leadership Waxahachie on Nov. 15. The ...
The Annual Veterans Appreciation Day celebration for Ellis County Saturday, Nov. 9, at the Civic Center in Waxahachie was attended by more than 1,000 visitors. ...
ELLIS COUNTY— Big Brothers Big Sisters is pleased to announce the election of Duke Burge to its Ellis County Regional Board of Directors. Burge begins ...
A federal lawsuit filed against Red Oak and its former police chief accuses him of harassing black officers and refusing to hire female officers was ...
Midlothian – Decorated combat veteran and career Naval Aviator, Jake Ellzey, today announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for Texas House District 10.
“For 20 ...
On Friday, Nov. 1, The Ellis County Sheriff’s Office, Red Oak Police Department and Pct. 5 Dallas County Constables recently raised $1,405 for the Special ...
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted Fugitive, Mexican Mafia gang member
- Texas Prepaid College Tuition Enrollment Open
- Making sure your child is riding safely on every trip
- Children Need More Variety, Fruits, and Veggies in Their Diets
- Police Warn of Possible SCAMS
- TxDOT, Law enforcement partner to save lives with 'Drink. Drive. Go To Jail.' initiative
- Back-to-school safety tips
- Back to School Safety Tips for Motorists and Kids
- Texas Civil Defense meets Saturday
- Ferris Main Street to host THC Training
- New USDA regulations for school food this year
- ECSO completes Labor Day DWI STEP enforcement initiative
- School provides a lot of social networking
- 4-H Food & Nutrition Project
- 'Pillows for Pets' donated to the Ellis County SPCA
- GRAND PRIZE CAR WINNER
- Welcome Back to Ferris ISD
- Sheriff congratulates Cindy Ermatinger, new district judge
- Deputy to participate in 'Over the Edge' fundraiser
- Sheriff offers advise on self-defense
- Life School Valedictorians receive $1,000 Dr. Tom Wilson Scholarship
- $1 Pet Adoptions at Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Serving Country: Stephen A. Cribbs
- Wilmer City Council 2014
- Lancaster HS Majorettes Win Regionals, Advance to State
- New city secretary on the job
- Life School Earns Highest Rating on Comptroller’s Fast Report; Local charter school named to Honors Circle 2 years in a row
- DPS inspects 8,700 commercial vehicles during roadcheck
- TxDOT Launches Statewide 'Talk, Text, Crash' Summer Campaign
- DPS joins national effort to inspect commercial vehicles
- Texas Game Warden Marine Theft Team Finds Success
- $3,000 reward offered for Most Wanted sex offender
- Txtag Toll Road billing services to be easier, faster for Texans
- DPS supports national, state child protection efforts
- $7,500 reward offered for Most Wanted fugitive from Zavala County
- DPS urges motorists to use caution around motorcyclists; May is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month
- 'Click It or Ticket' campaign warns Texans to buckle up or pay up: Law enforcement cracks down on unbuckled drivers, passengers May 19 - June 1
- Bits Blog: Y Combinator, a Start-Up Incubator, Goes to College
- Uber Ban in Germany Is Lifted by Court
- Bits Blog: IBM Offers a Data Tool for the Mainstream, With Watson’s Help
- DealBook: Mail.ru Takes Full Ownership of VKontakte, Russia’s Largest Social Network
- Hollywood’s Old-Time Star Makers Are Swooping In on YouTube’s Party
- Advertising: Google Lends a Helping Hand to Madison Ave. on Digital Proficiency
- F.C.C. Revisits Net Neutrality Exemption for Mobile Broadband
- Bits Blog: Middle Eastern Petrochemical Plants Are Targets of Hackers
- Bits Blog: Google Report Shows Governments’ Increasing Demands for Users’ Data
- Bits Blog: Nominee for European Post Voices Concern About U.S. Tech Giants
How did fireworks become America's Fourth of July pastime? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
For as long as Americans can remember, the nation has celebrated the Fourth of July by staging grand fireworks shows in public squares and lighting ...